zondag 19 mei 2013

Anne Fairfax

A few years ago Susan Bembridge was my neighbour at the 1:12 Show in Rheda-Wiedenbruck Germany. All the lovely wallpapers and fabrics on her table kept calling me over for a closer look... .
 I finally made a choice, I bought a piece of silk crepe de chine with the name Anne`s bedroom.
Click on the picture to visit Susan`s website

Home in Holland again I searched for this Anne, who was she, what was her story ? She was Anne Fairfax, and she had a rather sad life, losing her mother and sisters. The house were her bedroom was is called Fairfax House, it has its own website www.fairfaxhouse.co.uk .
In her bedroom hangs a sweet picture of Anne, painted in 1742 by Philip Mercier.
Inspired by Anne Fairfax I am dressing  Belle in a 18th century style dress made from the fabric I bought  from Susan.
 I am now trying to get a nice fit on the bodice.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. OMG, she will be gorgeous in that lovely fabric --can't wait to see her finished gown.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi John, it will be a surprise for me too....I never know how a dress will turn out!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen